Please note that some events in the calendar were added months in advance. Attendees are strongly encouraged to call the sponsoring organization to confirm the day and time.
- 5/1: Selectmen's minutes updated
- 5/1: Posted notice about no longer accepting recycleables at the transfer station.
- 4/24: Added May book club information to the Notices section.
- 4/24: Announced new library e-mail address in the Notices section.
- 4/24: Added link to a booklet describing current use to the Forms page.
- 4/24: Posted notice about town-wide reevaluation.
- 4/18: Posted notice about upcoming the upcoming Selectmen's office closure.
- 4/18: Posted notice for Senator Kelly Ayotte's office hours at the Town Offices on May 4.
- 4/17: Posted notice for Market Day, including a request for crafters..
- 4/17: Updated the calendar dates for the Wentworth 250 celebrations.
- 4/17: Added notice about joining the Conservation Committee
- 4/17: Updated the mud season notice..
- 4/17: Added Trustees of the Trust Fund page plus recent minutes.
- 4/14: Updated notice about the construction near the common.
- 4/3: Planning Commission minutes updated
- 3/30: Updated the Event Application on the Town Applications/Forms page
- 3/30: Updated Town Officials page
- 3/28: Posted the Town Meeting minutes to the Town Meeting page
- 3/7: Posted the 2015 Town Report to the home page.
- 3/6: Added a new Emergency Operations Plan to the Emergency Services page.
- 2/14: School Board minutes updated
If you have any questions about or suggestions for the website, please
Thank you for visiting the official website for the Town of Wentworth, New Hampshire.
P.O. Box 2
7 Atwell Hill Road
Wentworth, NH 03282-0002
(near the intersection of Routes 25 and 25A)
There is a computer for public use available in the lobby for viewing assessing information and the town website. Note that there is not a printer connected to this computer. There will be one in the future.
Town Clerk/Tax Collector
Town Clerk/Tax Collector Assistant
Tuesday: 9:00 am - 7:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Thursday: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Tuesday: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Wednesday: 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
Thursday 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
The Town is no longer recycling materials with the exception of aluminum cans and bottles with deposit markings on them.
All other materials that were previously segregated for recycling will be disposed of in our trash compactor.
Posted Sun., May. 01, 05:40 PM
May 2016 Book Club
The next book group title is Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline. Copies are available at the library.
The book group will meet on May 9th at 6 p.m. at the library.
Posted Mon., Apr. 25, 09:03 PM
Library E-mail Change
Webster Memorial Library's e-mail address has changed to effective immediately.
Posted Mon., Apr. 25, 08:51 PM
The town is in the process of doing the town-wide reevaluation.
Download the file below to read commonly-asked questions and answers about the process.
Town-wide Reevaluation FAQ 252 KB
Posted Sun., Apr. 24, 01:06 PM
Selectmen's Office Closure
The Selectmen's office will be closed April 28 to May 5.
There will be no Selectmen's Working Meeting on May 3.
Posted Mon., Apr. 18, 09:35 PM
Sen. Ayotte Office Hours
On Wednesday, May 4 from 12 pm a representative from Senator Kelly Ayotte's office will be at the Wentworth Town Offices.
Posted Mon., Apr. 18, 09:21 PM
Wentworth 250th Anniversary Celebration
Announcing Market Day
Market Day will be August 6, 2016.
Handmade crafters are wanted for this well-attended event. Call Martha at 764-5256 to reserve your table.
Posted Sun., Apr. 17, 09:03 PM
The Town is seeking to fill 2 open positions on the Conservation Committee. This is a great opportunity to do conservation work in your community! For information regarding Conservation Committee works, please go to the NH Association of Conservation Commissions NH Conservation Committee website at: http://www.nhacc.org. Wentworth residents that are interested, please contact the Selectmen’s office.
Posted Sun., Apr. 17, 08:29 PM
The Town roads have been posted to traffic weighing over 6 tons at the direction of the Road Agent. There are no exceptions.
The restriction has been lifted.
Updated Sun., Apr. 17, 08:15 PM
Posted Wed., Mar. 09, 09:45 PM
Work on the Common
The NH DOT will be starting drainage work on the week of April 11 on Wentworth Village Road between Rt 25 and the closed bridge. There may be minor delays but should be no disruption in service of post office and library.
Week of April 11 the cement cauldrons will be delivered.
Week of April 18 excavation begins. "The village road will drain in two directions. The east side of the village will drain to the new abutments with new manholes by Pages and Corbett's, and the west side will drain to Route 25 will new manholes at the library, the intersection of village and Bridge Street (the old name for the road in front of the library; and a new one by the Post Office" (Davis).
In June: The paving project begins and the old manholes will be free filled with cement and paved over.
Any questions or concerns please contact Cary Wetherbee, NH DOT at 764-5568. Thank you.
Updated Thur., Apr. 14, 09:06 PM
Posted Mon., Apr. 04, 09:03 PM
Property Inventory Forms
Property inventory forms have been mailed out and are due no later than April 15th.
If assistance is needed in filling out the form, please call the office. If a new form is needed please download it at http://revenue.nh.gov/forms/2016/documents/pa-28.pdf
Posted Sat., Apr. 02, 08:25 PM
2016 Town Meeting Minutes
The 2016 town meeting minutes have been posted to the Town Meeting page.
Posted Wed., Mar. 30, 10:02 PM
2015 Annual Report
Download a copy of the 2015 Annual Report using the link below.
2015_annual_report.pdf 9.7 MB
Posted Mon., Mar. 07, 08:02 PM
Wentworth 250th Anniversary Celebration
In 2016, the Town of Wentworth will celebrate its 250th anniversary and we are pleased to announce monthly events to celebrate.
All events are listed on the Town of Wentworth's event calendar with a in front of it to distinguish it from other events.
Also refer to the Wentworth 250 page for additional details.
Posted Thu., Dec. 31, 10:39 AM