Please note that some events in the calendar were added months in advance. Attendees are strongly encouraged to call the sponsoring organization to confirm the day and time.
- 11/18: Posted notice about DOT Bureau of Bridge Design attending the next Selectmen's meeting.
- 11/18: Posted notice about property taxes due.
- 11/18: Added Thanksgiving Day closures to the Notices section.
- 11/11: Updated Veteran's Day closures to the Notices section.
- 11/1: Selectmen's minutes updated
- 10/25: Library book club for November announcement updated
- 10/25: Historical Society page updated
- 10/8: Posted checklist notice
- 10/8: Posted Halloween trick or treat hours notice
- 10/8: Posted Transfer Station help wanted notice
- 9/27: Planning Commission minutes updated
- 9/27: Tax maps have been updated for 2015
- 9/21: Construction and demolition fee notice posted
- 6/23: School Board minutes updated
- 5/25: Added notice about Story Hour on haitus until the fall
- 5/25: Frequently Asked Questions page updated to contain downloadable statistical information about Wentworth.
If you have any questions about or suggestions for the website, please
Thank you for visiting the official website for the Town of Wentworth, New Hampshire.
The town office address is P.O. Box 2, Wentworth, NH 03282-0002 and it is located at 7 Atwell Hill Road (near the intersection of Routes 25 and 25A) in Wentworth.
Town Clerk/Tax Collector's phone number: 603-764-5244
Selectmen/Administrative Assistant phone number:
Village Bridge News
David Scott and Jason Tremblay, from the DOT Bureau of Bridge Design, will be at the next scheduled Selectmen’s meeting on 11/24/15 at 6:15 pm to discuss the Memorandum of Agreement regarding the closed bridge on the Town Common.
Posted Wed., Nov. 18, 09:29 PM
Property Taxes Due
The tax bills will be sent out today or tomorrow, with a due date of December 22. The tax rates are as follows:
- County: $1.58
- School: $11.41
- Town: $5.67
- State Education: $2.25
- Total Tax Rate: $20.91.
Posted Wed., Nov. 18, 09:25 PM
The following will be closed during the Thanksgiving holiday:
- Selectmen's office, closed on Thanksgiving day, November 26.
- Town Clerk/Tax Collector's office, closing at noon on Wednesday, November 25. Closed on Thanksgiving day, November 26.
- Webster Memorial Library, closed Wednesday, November 25; will reopen Saturday, November 28.
Posted Thur., Nov. 19, 08:52 PM
Posted Wed., Nov. 18, 09:12 PM
Upcoming Library Events
On November 9 and December 2, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., there will be a representative from Mid-State Health Center at the library to answer any questions about the Affordable Healthcare Act and/or the Marketplace.
Note that the November 2nd date has been rescheduled to November 9.
Posted Wed., Oct. 28, 08:00 PM
November Book Club
The next book group title is A Spool of Blue Thread by Anne Tyler. Copies are available at the library.
The book group will meet on November 9th at 6 p.m. at the library.
Posted Sun., Oct. 25, 06:38 PM
The Supervisors of the Checklist for the Town of Wentworth will be in session Friday, October 30, 2015 between the hours of 7:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. at the Wentworth Town Offices. The purpose of the meeting is to make update and make corrections to the checklist and to register new voters.
This is also the last time to change Party affiliations before the Presidential Primary in 2016.
Supervisors of the Checklist:
Paula K. Davis
Deborah L. Vlk
Douglas G. Campbell
Posted Fri., Oct. 16, 07:29 PM
Transfer Station Attendant - Part Time
The Town of Wentworth is currently seeking an individual for part-time assistance, available to fill in for our current Transfer Station attendant during absences.
Please see the attached for details about this position and how to apply.
Posted Thu., Oct. 08, 07:38 PM
Halloween Trick or Treat Hours
The Halloween trick or treat hours will be October 31, 2015 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Posted Thu., Oct. 08, 07:45 PM
New Construction and Demolition Fee
Starting October 3, 2015 there will be a $2.00 minimum charge for construction and demolition (C & D) disposal per order of the Selectmen.
Posted Mon., Sep. 21, 07:33 PM
The Town is seeking volunteers to assist in the repainting of the town common bandstand. Paul Ducharme has generously offered to assist with this undertaking, but will need some help. All materials will be supplied, if interested please contact Paul at 986-2604.
Posted Fri., Jun. 12, 02:56 PM
Library Story Hour
Webster Memorial Library's Story Hour is on haitus until the fall.
Posted Mon., May. 25, 10:01 AM
The Town of Wentworth is seeking a volunteer to be the district representative to the Pemi-Baker Solid Waste District.
If interested, contact the Town Clerk at 603-764-5244, the Selectmen's office at 603-764-995, or any Selectman.
Posted Thu., Mar. 19, 07:51 PM