Please note that some events in the calendar were added months in advance. Attendees are strongly encouraged to call the sponsoring organization to confirm the day and time.
- 10/8: Posted Halloween trick or treat hours notice
- 10/8: Posted Transfer Station help wanted notice
- 10/8: Posted Town Clerk/Tax Collector's office closure
- 10/5: Selectmen's minutes updated
- 9/29: Library book club for October announcement updated
- 9/27: Planning Commission minutes updated
- 9/27: Tax maps have been updated for 2015
- 9/24: Updated notice about upcoming events with Sen. Forrester and Rep. Brown.
- 9/21: Construction and demolition fee notice posted
- 9/6: Added update about the Village Bridge to the Notices section and the Village Bridge page.
- 8/17: Posted notice about upcoming hazardous waste collections in the area
- 6/23: School Board minutes updated
- 6/18: Goffe's Mill Bridge funding notice posted
- 6/18: Notice about the administrative assistant's e-mail changing posted.
- 5/27: Notice about the Historical Society Museum posted.
- 5/25: Added notice about Story Hour on haitus until the fall
- 5/25: Frequently Asked Questions page updated to contain downloadable statistical information about Wentworth.
- 3/19: Added 2015 Legion Speedway schedule to the Notices section
If you have any questions about or suggestions for the website, please
Thank you for visiting the official website for the Town of Wentworth, New Hampshire.
The town office address is P.O. Box 2, Wentworth, NH 03282-0002 and it is located at 7 Atwell Hill Road (near the intersection of Routes 25 and 25A) in Wentworth.
Town Clerk/Tax Collector's phone number: 603-764-5244
Selectmen/Administrative Assistant phone number:
Transfer Station Attendant - Part Time
The Town of Wentworth is currently seeking an individual for part-time assistance, available to fill in for our current Transfer Station attendant during absences.
Please see the attached for details about this position and how to apply.
Posted Thu., Oct. 08, 07:38 PM
Halloween Trick or Treat Hours
The Halloween trick or treat hours will be October 31, 2015 from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Posted Thu., Oct. 08, 07:45 PM
Town Clerk/Tax Collector's Office Closure
The Town Clerk/Tax Collector's office will be closed on Wednesday, October 21 and Thursday, October 22 for the annual Tax Collector's Conference.
Posted Thu., Oct. 08, 07:49 PM
Upcoming Library Events
On Wednesday, October 14 at 5 p.m. there will be a community presentation and Q & A about the Affordable Health Care Act and Insurance.
On the first Mondays in November and December, from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., there will be a representative from Mid-State Health Center at the library to answer any questions about the Affordable Healthcare Act and/or the Marketplace.
Posted Wed., Oct. 07, 07:39 PM
October Book Club
The next book group title is The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry by Gabrielle Zevin. Copies are available at the library.
The discussion date is October 19th at 6 p.m.
Updated Sun., Sep. 29, 06:09 PM
Posted Sun., Sep. 27, 10:25 AM
Senator Forrester and
Representative Brown Update
Tuesday, October 6 from 6:00 pm to 7:15 pm., Senator Forrester and Representative Duane Brown will be at the Wentworth Town Hall at 10 East Side Road to update residents on current statehouse activities and answer any questions. (Note the time change from the previous notice.)
Apple crisp and ice cream will be provided.
Updated Thurs., Sep. 24, 07:27 PM
Posted Sun., Sep. 06, 09:45 AM
New Construction and Demolition Fee
Starting October 3, 2015 there will be a $2.00 minimum charge for construction and demolition (C & D) disposal per order of the Selectmen.
Posted Mon., Sep. 21, 07:33 PM
Senator Forrester to Attend Selectmen's Meeting
Senator Forrester will attend the Selectmen's meeting on October 13 to meet with the board for a general discussion.
Posted Sun., Sep. 06, 09:58 AM
Update on the Village Bridge
August 24, 2015 e-mail from David Scott, Project Manager of the Village Bridge project, regarding the current status of the project.
Download the e-mail
Posted Sun., Sep. 06, 09:31 AM
2015 Hazardous Waste Collection
There are two upcoming opportunities to recycle hazardous waste:
- Sunday, August 23, 2015 in Littleton, NH
- Saturday, September 26, 2015 in Plymouth
Information about these events is listed in these flyers:
Posted Mon., Aug. 17, 08:08 PM
Funding for the Goffe's Mill Bridge
The Friends of the Wentworth Parks and Recreation have set up a page on GoFundMe to raise funds for the restoration of the Goffe's Mill Bridge. The link is: http://www.gofundme.com/sponsorabridge.
Thanks to everyone for your continued support!
Disclaimer: "[The Friends] are privately funded non-profit registered with the State of New Hampshire Charitable Trust Unit" (Friends website). This fundraiser is for a private organization and is not a part of the town of Wentworth's municipality.
Posted Thu., Jun. 18, 07:50 PM
The Town is seeking volunteers to assist in the repainting of the town common bandstand. Paul Ducharme has generously offered to assist with this undertaking, but will need some help. All materials will be supplied, if interested please contact Paul at 986-2604.
Posted Fri., Jun. 12, 02:56 PM
Library Story Hour
Webster Memorial Library's Story Hour is on haitus until the fall.
Posted Mon., May. 25, 10:01 AM
The Town of Wentworth is seeking a volunteer to be the district representative to the Pemi-Baker Solid Waste District.
If interested, contact the Town Clerk at 603-764-5244, the Selectmen's office at 603-764-995, or any Selectman.
Posted Thu., Mar. 19, 07:51 PM